Thursday, November 5, 2009

street style fashion inspiration

I love to follow street style on fashion websites because I like to see how regular people are interpreting fashion rather than a stylist or fashion editor. The following pictures are of girls and boys who I think got it right and look pretty damn fabulous.


I love the ease of this look. She looks comfortable yet chic and the color combination of the skirt, shirt, and purse are perrfffect! And you know how much I love a good scarf...

I thought I would include a couple of men in this post for the few men who follow my blog. I always like a guy who cares about what he wears but isn't too "done up". This is a great casual, but hip, look. I know there are conflicting opinions about men wearing scarves, but I dig it!

A great example of how easy it is to use accessories to work color into an outfit. And I lOVE her bag!

I often shy away from black and white when I pick out an outfit. I feel like I should be catering a wedding! But this look shows that it can be done. The ruffles on the top make it fun and flirty and the blue shoes ... well, they are just frickin' fabulous.

I have always loved these mod-style dresses. They are so 1960s Twiggy. The short skirt is balanced out by the long sleeves, giving you some coverage. Instead of the knee highs and short boots I would just wear tall black boots.

I love that she belts the cardigan to create some shape. And the purple tights are so cool - I am trying to figure out how to do colored tights and she is great inspiration!

Here's another guy whose look I am liking. I love his sneaks and that plaid shirt with the letter jacket is very stylin'.

Great necklaces! What an easy way to make her otherwise simple shirt pop!

I pretty much love everything about this outfit. The contrast of her flowered skit with all that black is just so brilliant. It really shows off the skirt yet keeps it from being too precious. And then, of course that camel colored scarf and her quilted bag ... love.

Turquoise tights ... need I say more?

Well, there are so many things that I like about this girl's outfit. First of all, I love pencil skirts ... especially those with a high waist. I also think her sweater is incredible - long sweaters are a great fall coat option and I am a sucker for stripes. Finally, that big orange bag adds a nice dose of color.


all photos courtesy of copenhagenstreetstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment